Aylesbury EstateThurlow StreetGuide Price£500,000


BedroomsPrice FromAvailability
1 - Bedroom£500,000.00Contact us
2 - Bedroom-Contact us
3 - Bedroom-Contact us

Aylesbury Estate in Southwark, London

Property Features

Balcony IconBalcony
Lounge IconLounge
Educational options IconEducational options
Local cafes IconLocal cafes
Social space IconSocial space

Notting Hill Genesis and Southwark Council have joined forces for a significant redevelopment project in South East London, with the Aylesbury Estate at the heart of this ambitious endeavor. Their collaboration outlines a comprehensive masterplan that focuses on creating a vibrant, inclusive community through the construction of 3,500 new homes. A noteworthy aspect of this plan is its commitment to affordability, with half of these homes slated to be affordable housing. Within this category, a major portion, 75%, is intended for social rent, while the remaining 25% is designed for shared ownership or equity schemes. Furthermore, the project places a strong emphasis on family-friendly living, ensuring that at least 30% of the properties across all tenures will include three bedrooms or more, catering to the needs of larger families.

The scope of the regeneration initiative extends well beyond residential development. It aims to foster a holistic enhancement of the community by introducing new community facilities, beautifying open spaces, and significantly improving the social and economic landscape for local residents. By focusing on key areas such as employment, education, training, and overall health and well-being, the project aspires to bring about profound and lasting positive changes to the area.

Projected to commence in 2018, the construction of these new homes marks the beginning of a transformative journey, with the entire regeneration project expected to culminate by 2036. This long-term initiative showcases an unwavering commitment to not just uplift the physical infrastructure but also to enrich the lives of the community it aims to serve.

*It's important to acknowledge that the insights and specifics provided here are derived from marketing materials available on the developer's website. While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this information, it is presented as a general overview and does not represent formal property particulars.

Nearby Schools

School NameDistance (miles)

Nearby Train Stations

Station NameDistance (miles)
Elephant & Castle Rail Station 0.65 miles
Elephant and Castle (Bakerloo, Northern)0.74 miles
Kennington (Northern)0.83 miles
Borough (Northern)0.93 miles
London Bridge Rail Station 1.15 miles

Local Services & Amenities

Amenity NameDistance (miles)

Aylesbury Estate Location

Loading calculator...

Loading calculator...

Request information about Aylesbury Estate

Loading form...